Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We see in order to move; we move in order to see.

This past week has been all about movement; physical, emotional, spiritual. It all started with my last minute adventure to Detroit to pick up this beauty-


I landed in Detroit around 2am and didn't get to bed until 3:30am. My plan was to be on the road by 9am but quickly went down the drain when this pretty lady figured out I was in town-


I didn't hit the road until 10:30am (totally worth it!). Ahead of me was a 27 hour drive back to Spanish Fork, Utah which I completed in 34 hours (bathroom/food breaks, and a few hours of sleep in my back seat at a creepy hotel parking lot are responsible for the additional 7 hours.) What can I say? I'm a champ. Maybe I should become a truck driver (thanks for the suggestion, Mom.)

Arriving in Spanish Fork felt like coming home...and that's exactly when I knew that I must leave, sooner than later. I wish that I had taken some pictures of my last few days at the Temple, but I was so caught up in soaking up every second, every moment, that taking pictures was the last thing on my mind. All I can say is that there was minimal sleep involved, lots of climbing, camping, hiking, karaoke bars, lots of snow (Utah's first snow fall happened to occur on the day I returned; another reason to leave sooner than later) and lots of adventures...especially involving my car. Then, before I knew it, Sunday had rolled around and with it my day of departure. This round of goodbyes was easily the hardest. As I was driving away every single doubt, fear, and anxiety entered my mind tempting me to turn around and stay. But I turned up the music to drown out my thoughts and kept driving. It was so beautiful; so powerful.








The further I got, the quieter my mind became. And the moment I saw a Redtail Hawk sitting on the side of the road staring at me, every ounce of fear and anxiety dissolved. All it took was this sign from the Universe and I knew that I was on the right track. Fearless. And then I realized how disconnected I had become at the Temple. The forces are always in motion guiding us; we just have to listen, and I forgot how to listen. I let my emotions get in the way of my connection with the Truth. But now I am in Sedona and I'm listening. I came to Sedona to support a Vision Quest, and instead I decided to quest myself. Please keep me in your thoughts as you eat, drink, and rest.

After the Quest, I think I'm gonna spend some time in a little town known as Jerome. I passed it a few years ago when I was driving back from the Grand Canyon and set the intention to one day return. Well, that day has come. Also, I'm really looking forward to spending lots of time amongst the red rocks climbing, hiking, and existing. And speaking of outdoor adventures, I'm really jonesing for some new outdoor toys. On top of the list are a kayak and a mountain bike since I now have a top rack to accommodate them. Hopefully I can make this a reality...soon.

Well, the time has come for me to crawl into my sleeping bag and drift off to the sound of running water under the star lit sky...(Did I mention that I love my life?)

Sorry for the scattered post. I'll do better next time; whenever next time may be. And until then, take good care of yourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment