Friday, October 24, 2014

An Update

( The pictures in this post have been taken in Kalamazoo over the past few years)

Kalamazoo is where I first learned the art of drinking beer while hooping, dancing, hiking, kayaking, and other soul transforming activities.
Kalamazoo is also the place where I truly fell in love with people and, for the first time, people fell in love with me for who I am and am becoming.
I've got so many blog post ideas that very quickly take a backseat to morning coffee puzzles, knitting to Harry Potter, swaying to new records, conquering new routes at the climbing gym, playing and snuggling sweet babies, harvesting herbs and cooking up healing wintertime remedies, kissing boys, dancing to heart awakening music, listening to band practice every Thursday, sipping on wine with best friends, sipping on wine with strangers, sipping on wine alone, sipping on wine....
Puzzle mornings are the best mornings.


I've spent most of my time marveling at how much I have grown. I'm no longer the girl that commits to the first man showing her affection; I know what my heart and soul desire and I'm not afraid to get real with myself and "the other". I'm not scared of setting boundaries at work while speaking my mind in a loving, compassionate, empathetic way. I'm not intimidated by beautiful, mysterious strangers. I fall in love with my friends every single day. I fall in love with the community, the sense of belonging, and the sense of "home". I admit my weaknesses and embrace my strengths. I don't seek spiritual experiences; I feel them in every breath, every moment, every thought. I snuggle babies knowing that one day I'll snuggle my own...but not yet. Not yet.



I smile at the absurdity that Kalamazoo is. I sink into trust when I think of the journey that lead me here the first time....and the second. I feel at home. I have surrendered. I am drawn to duality, to grit, to "rough around the edges"...to Kalamazoo.

The Lake
As I roll out my yoga mat onto the hardwood floors, I breathe into possibility. I breathe into life, surprises and potential. I breathe into all that is, was, and is yet to come. All the goodness, you know?

This photo is currently being transformed into a head of aloe...for reals. The beauty of living with and loving artists is that they transform you into mythical beings you've only ever dreamt of being.


Soon, there will be more substantial, concrete posts. But for now, I'm floating in bliss of community, life, authenticity, acceptance, belonging, and love. Sweet, heartfelt love.

No comments:

Post a Comment