Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hare Krishna!

Well, there's been lots of movement since I last caught up with you folks. I went from Colorado to Salt Lake City to Spanish Forks in a little over 24 hours. And in those 24 hours I met an overwhelming amount of people, ate the best food I've ever eaten in my life, slept on the floor, slept in a bed, shared a single bathroom (and shower) with over 35 people, played with llamas, sang along to some mesmerizing kirtan, talked about life, talked about death, talked about going dancing and getting tattoos in Salt Lake City, and moved into my home for the next month. Can you say overwhelming?! It's been quite the ride.

The drive from Colorado through Wyoming and into Utah was the most beautiful drive of my life. It was absolutely breathtaking. I would have to say that Utah is the most beautiful state I have ever been in. My drive through Utah looked a little something like this:

You can see the roads at the very bottom of the picture; so hopefully you can imagine just how grandiose these mountains are.

It took about 8 hours to get from Colorado to the Salt Lake City Krishna Temple. And as soon as I arrived I was welcomed with open arms and treated like family. And there were quite a few people there (roughly 35) who were staying the night because of a Yoga Festival that was happening that weekend. And going from traveling alone for 4 days to all of a sudden socializing with tons of people required a dramatic mental adjustment. In fact, at one point I got a little overwhelmed and found a corner in an empty room to hide in for a bit. And then the mob found me so I moved to my car. And then I heard someone yell "Food is ready! Come eat!" And I bolted out of my car and into the dining area like a starving wolf..

The food here is so delicious! If you've never had a nice home-cooked Indian meal you are missing out. Big time. It fills your belly and puts you right to sleep. Which is exactly what I did. I ate and passed out around 9pm, and didn't wake up until 8am the following morning. That morning was the first day of the Yoga Fest which was fun but very busy.





So busy that instead of staying at the Salt Lake Temple, I packed up my stuff and headed to the Spanish Fork Temple. I needed my own space to breathe and put down some roots. I needed my own room. And that is exactly what I got. And as an added bonus, we all get today off to play in the mountains and chase around the llamas. Don't believe me?



I will have more pictures as the weeks progress. It's only my first morning here so I'm gonna take it easy, relax, maybe go for a swim. Also I have some pretty exciting news on the home front...but I'll share those as soon as they become more concrete. Lots of changes! Lots of unexpected surprises! Stay tuned :-)

Home Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment