Sunday, January 22, 2012

And then you realize that the Universe has a plan of her own...

First lesson of the day: Never ignore your check engine light.

Why?

Because it's usually trying to tell you something.

Like...

You have a brake line leak...
And it may potentially result in your death.



Second lesson of the day: Learn to go with the flow, because the Universe always has her own plan, regardless of whether it fits in with yours or not.

Like...

Wanting to leave for New Orleans Wednesday morning and realizing that because of the mentioned brake line leak this may not happen.

Divine intervention?

I don't know.

Does it really matter?

Nope!



Third lesson of the day: Trust and BE GRATEFUL.

Be grateful for what?

1. That my check engine light has been on since November, meaning that I've had a brake line leak for 3 months, while traveling through various mountain roads all over the country, and I am still alive.

2. That I made the 3 hour trek from Rochester to Kalamazoo without any issues.

3. That my brakes stopped working roughly 200 yards from Sam and Justin's place and I was able to get to their place safetly.

4. That there was a really nice man at the gas station who helped figure out what was going on, helped me pick out the appropriate brake fluid, and made sure I got to my destination safely.

5. That I may be "stuck" in Kalamazoo for a few extra days with my favorite people. I mean KZoo was my home for over a year after all...

It's where I got acquainted with the glorious Lake Michigan...



It's where my love for music festivals went beyond the music...




It's where my love for live music went from an interest to an obsession...






It's where I learned how to make killer bed-forts...



It's where I turned my body into a work of art...




It's where yoga went beyond the mat...













It's where co-workers became family...










It's where one just isn't enough...






It's where dinner parties turn strangers into friends...


And it's where sisters reunite (over and over and over again..)...


Clearly, Kalamazoo isn't such a terrible place to be stuck for a few extra days...

Especially when there's kittie snuggles involved...


Just sayin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment