Sunday, January 29, 2012

At that moment, it was enough.

My short visit to Kalamazoo was exactly what I needed and my last night there was nothing less of perfect. It was a bittersweet goodbye, but the excitement of the open road always captures my heart.

They say that pictures are worth a thousand words. Pictures also have a way of bringing back that smile of recollection when you were the only ones that mattered, the only ones that existed, and everything was beautiful. My last night in Kalamazoo was one of those nights. Everything was golden and eternal. And at that moment, it was enough.














Goodbyes are always hard. But they are also the gateway to new experiences, new love, new stories, new friends, new memories, new hellos, and new goodbyes. As I get ready to say goodbye again, in just a few hours, to Illinois and all the possibilities here, the excitement of moving towards something new draws me in. And so I leave, with a heart full of bittersweetness, but with the certainty that the best is yet to come. And at this moment, that certainty is enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment