Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Here We Go Again...




Oh why do I keep putting myself in situations that force me to drink Budlight for breakfast, a few shots of Jack for lunch, and one too many glasses of wine for dinner?
For those of you who know me well, you may be wondering, “What in the world would make Yelena drink beer flavored water that has a slight taste of watered down pee?” (For those of you who enjoy Budlight- I’m sorry, but I just don’t understand. And yes, I judge you for it.)
Well, friends, once again I am about to board a metal flying object and put my life into the hands of two people that I have never met or spoken with. Except I’m about to do it four times in the next 24 hours. FOUR TIMES!! Wait…what?
Yup. Going to Prague. And I would be really crazy excited about it (and I am….) except the really crazy portion of the excitement got deleted after I woke up to a phone call this morning claiming “We are sorry to inform you that one of your connecting flights got cancelled. OH! But don’t worry we rescheduled you for a different flight. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.”
Now I am a really easy going gal, (sometimes a little too easy going), but any flight that adds two extra layovers to my perfect non-stop flight kind of puts a damper on my experience. You know? (Note to self: Get over it lady. Go with the flow. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe DEEPER damn it!)
In reality, I’m handling the whole situation quite well. I don’t know it it’s the BudLight or (shock!) maybe I’m getting used to the whole flying thing…but this adds a little more excitement and spontaneity to my already fast paced life. I’m just rolling with it. Who knows, maybe I’ll meet someone who’ll teach me something important on one of the connecting flights…it tends to happen every time. No joke. I am the master of meeting people and making connections on planes.
Also, they are playing The Hustle at the St.Louis airport. Jackpot!
Now for this whole Prague business…I know I haven’t really mentioned it much until recently, but now you know. I’m going to Prague. In fact, I am currently on connection #2 to NYC and I will be in Prague by 9:50am tomorrow morning. I will also be going to Poland…but more details on that later. Right now, I’m just taking it one day, one hour, one moment at a time, and enjoying every instance…well, with a little help from my friends Jack and Daniel, of course.
And since I haven't taken any pictures of this adventure yet...I'll share some from the past few weeks. Enjoy!

A little sport climbing at Red Rock

Taos, NM hike

Red Rock Canyon, Vegas

Red Rock Canyon...we climbed that little guy in the middle :-)

Winter in Sedona

Winter at the Grand Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment