Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Ridin' Solo

I am traveling by myself. Not out of necessity, but by choice.

I want to get lost and only count on myself to find a way.



I want to spend the evening watching a sunset instead of driving for a few more hours.



I want to sleep-in past noon instead of being on the road before dawn.



I want to be on the road before dawn and watch the sunrise as I drive.


I want to take the back roads instead of the highway.



I want to have a picnic on the side of the road.



I want to sing at the top of my lungs to my favorite tunes with the windows down.



I want to meet travel buddies and share adventures.



I want to stay at destinations for as long as I want to.



 I want the option to run.



I want the option to hide from the world.



I want to be on my own schedule doing what I want when I want. I don't want to worry about another persons needs, wants, or moods. I want to scream at the top of my lungs if I feel like it without getting a look of terror from the passenger side seat. I want to build the courage to talk to a stranger without a sidekick. I want to embrace the darkness inside of me, bring it to the surface, and deal with it. I want to laugh at myself. I want to feel overwhelming joy, bottle up that feeling, and save it for a rainy day. I want to have my own little secrets; my own memories and insights that I gifted myself. I want to fall in love with myself.



I want to make my choices without having to consider anybody else. Because when I choose to have a family (and that is a choice I intend to make), I will not have that luxury anymore.

Solo travel is not for everyone. And I respect that. But for me, it is essential. And I ask you to please respect that too. Instead of judging and criticizing each other, let's lift each other up with love, support, and non-judgment. There are many paths to one ultimate truth. Each one is just as important as the other.

Today I'm choosing to spend the day in my pajamas blogging, reading, daydreaming, fantasizing, relaxing, napping, and drinking oodles of coffee on the front porch. Hope you all found a little of quiet time for yourselves in your busy lives. It's always good to ride (or sit, nap, lounge, etc.) solo; even if for a few minutes.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds Fabulous! Enjoy your time by yourself, it's priceless!

    ReplyDelete