Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Happening.

It's happening. It's really really truly happening. Marty has been repacked after this weekend's adventures and is ready to hit the road. As for me, I'm having a difficult time accepting that it's actually happening. I know that it is, but I still don't feel it. This is a moment I've been dreaming of for years; always envious of the people brave enough to actually make it happen. And now I'm one of those people.

Kalamazoo has been a place of so much growth and transformation. It has been a safe haven where I was able to grow my wings, and now I'm ready to use them. I'm ready to fly. I am free.



Kalamazoo has gifted me with courage, confidence, the ability to surrender to the unknown, the ability to change situations I'm capable of controlling, and the intuition to know the difference.  Kalamazoo has brought me my long lost soul sisters who support and honor my choices without judgment, and a relationship with the potential to last a lifetime.







Tomorrow morning I hit the road. I am ready. I've been ready. But still, that knowledge doesn't lessen the sadness that comes with leaving your home and the people you love. I will be back, but I will be changed. I will be different. Will it affect my relationships? Maybe. Probably. Some will be affected in a good way, others not so much. But regardless, this is something I have to do. I need to grow more. I need to learn more. I need to connect more. And this is the only way to do it. My spirit yearns for it. Life is pulling me, I'm not sure where, but it's taking me somewhere; somewhere beautiful. And I'm following; completely fearless and in absolute surrender.


And now I think it's time to lighten it up a bit, don't you? So, guess what I did this weekend?



Only my favorite thing in the whole wide world- CAMPING! Honestly, I prefer to sleep outside in a tent than in any bed on this planet. No joke. I was born to prance around in the woods smelling flowers and hugging trees. I wasn't able to take very many pictures because we spent most of our time on the glorious, most beautiful Lake Michigan swimming in her cool waters and jumping off the most mesmerizing dunes. And a very expensive camera + little grains of sand = not a very wise idea as much as you would love for it be. So I listened to my inner wisdom and kept the camera off the sandy beaches. But I'll leave you with a few (very few) pictures that I was able to capture amidst all the super awesome drunken craziness.




I will try to blog tomorrow, this may or may not happen depending on if the hotel I stop at has WIFI. Until I update again, take good care of yourselves friends.

I'm gonna leave you with a conversation I had with my mom this morning.

"We need to come up with a keyword."

"What do you mean, Mom?"

"We need a keyword that you can text me in case you're in trouble."

"What kind of trouble?"

"In case someone starts attacking you."

"Mom, if someone is attacking me I doubt that I'll be able to pull out my phone and quickly text you with a keyword. If I am able to reach my phone at all, I will probably call 911."

 ...........

..............


I love my mother.

1 comment:

  1. I like your mom! I would probably would tell my son the same thing, but I don't think I would think of a secret word :)

    ReplyDelete