Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well, Hello!

Well, hello friends! I made it to the mountains! And they are glorious, beautiful, and oh so perfect! The drive was incredible. Colorado is incredible. This life is incredible.

How can you not have a smile on your face when there are thousands, and I mean hundreds of thousands, wild sunflowers all around you? Yes, folks, there are wild sunflowers EVERYWHERE in Northern Colorado. And it is so magical! So beautiful! So blissful! And they truly are everywhere; in fields, along the road, growing through the cracks in the pavement, just everywhere! It's as if I died and went to heaven..

Rest stop sunflowers!

B. with roadside sunflowers!

Now having shared that, I will also share with all of you that I had a bit of a rough day today. After I got to Colorado (after the magical drive) and checked into my hotel, I got right back in my car and hit up the town. Well, that wasn't a great idea for a person who's been driving over 24 hours in the past 36 hours, who just traveled 2 hours back in time in the past 24 hours (= super tiredness), and who has nobody to count on but herself in all kinds of new places. It's not a bad thing at all. It's just overwhelming; it's exciting, exhilarating, adventurous, and really forces you to stay in the moment and LIVE. It's incredible. But it is overwhelming. And I tried to do too much too soon without giving myself time and space to adjust and breathe.

Thankfully, instead of having a meltdown in the middle of downtown, I quickly realized what was happening, got in my car, and went straight back to the hotel where I got some dinner across the street and then snuggled up in my bed watching movies and writing. That is exactly what I needed and I am so grateful that I knew it was exactly what I needed. That is the beauty of solo travel; you learn so much about yourself and you also reaffirm the things you *think* you know about yourself. It's a beautiful thing.

I feel a lot better now and I'm really looking forward to playing in the mountains tomorrow (and having a day w/o countless hours of driving). There will be climbing, frolicking, dancing, singing, running, rolling, and laughing involved. I can't wait to connect, reflect, breathe, and absorb. And yes, there will be TONS of pictures involved! Maybe even some videos. The mountains are so incredible from the outside I can't imagine the beauty I'll find on the inside. It's all very blissful. And surreal. I am so grateful for my life; even with the downs and in-betweens. And believe me, there are plenty of those.

Tomorrow might be my last post for a bit since I'll be arriving at the Krishna Temple in Salt Lake on Friday and I'm not really sure who I'll meet, what I'll be doing, and how I'll be feeling. Just wanted to let ya'll know so you can prepare yourselves and not miss me too much! (Just kidding. Unless you will indeed miss my posts, then I'm completely serious :-))

P.S. If you're ever in Boulder, Co try this beer. It is oh so so so good! Especially if you're an IPA lover. I had this beer with dinner and loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment