Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mexico, I Love You: Part 3

*This is the final part of my Mexican adventure. Enjoy!*

Saturday, August 13, 2011
 This morning I had to say goodbye to the Caribbean Sea. It was sad but it was also quite joyful. I miss P., I miss my friends, I miss being around people who understand me without judging me, and I miss being spontaneous. I was sad to leave the beautiful waters of Mexico, but I was not sad to leave the resort. Honestly, I’ve had enough resort to last me a lifetime.
After bidding farewell to the Caribbean, I began mentally preparing for a typical day of travel; standing in line, going through security, waiting at the gate, flying (which is stressful enough for me), driving, unpacking, and recuperating. And the morning went as expected- I felt like a sheep being herded through a foreign airport and running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I may have possibly drenched my shirt in sweat from all that running. Sick.
So as we begin boarding, I realize we don’t have our seats assigned. Well, great. I didn’t prepare myself for this. As they walk away to reprint boarding passes with assigned seats on them the only thing keeping me sane is a mantra of “Please don’t let me have a nervous breakdown right now. I don’t want to be hospitalized in a Mexican hospital.” And as I get handed the boarding passes, I keep repeating the mantra and fail to realize that we have been seated in Business Class. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my crazy hippie self got to enjoy the luxuries of Business Class sipping on unlimited free cocktails while listening to Radiohead’s King of Limbs and typing up this blog entry. Did I mention I’m sitting Indian style?


 It must be my good karma. Seriously. I knew generously tipping the overworked Mexican staff would pay off.
 I’m going to switch gears now. I wouldn’t want you all to jinx my awesome karma with your envy. Just kidding. Maybe. Sort of.
 I realize that I haven’t given much insight into my daily activities at the resort. Well that’s because my daily routine consisted of a few essential every single day
1.     Wake up
2.     Go back to bed for another hour
3.     Get my ass out of bed, put on my bathing suit, and stumble to the breakfast buffet
4.     Eat
5.     Go to the bar and get a drink
6.     Get in the Caribbean with drink in hand
7.     Swim
8.     Go lay on the outdoor beds
9.     Roll over into the shade when noon rolls around
10. Get another drink
11. Eat lunch
12. Go back to the room for a nap
13. Wake up from nap
14. Go to the bar and get a drink
15. Get back in the ocean
16. Walk along the boardwalk, drink in hand
17. Go back on the outdoor bed and lay around
18. Go back in the ocean
19. Back on the bed
20. Back in the ocean
21. Go back to the room, take a shower
22. Get dinner.
23. Go to sleep.
And that was my routine every single day, except for when we went to Chichen Itza (which means ‘Nest of Snakes’ according to the Mayan friend we made).  It’s a very relaxing routine, but being a person of adventure and spontaneity, I was over it after the first day.  I hate feeling stuck, and I definitely felt stuck at the resort. So all in all, great learning experience, beautiful beaches, amazing Mayan ruins, and fantastic memories. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Would I stay at a resort when I do it again? Absolutely not.  But that’s just my opinion and my preference.
(P.S. I just found out we have our own bathroom and she refilled my Jack and diet coke without even asking. Perfect timing cause I feel some turbulence coming on.)
 So, since I don’t have very many details of my daily routine in Mexico, I will let some pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy amigos!
Also, I get to see P. in roughly 3 hours. And that makes me very, very happy. Not as happy as I am sitting in Business Class, but pretty close. Just kidding. For real this time.

I like to climb things. (Photo credit: Iryna Sazonova)

Super awesome wave shot!

Iryna and I at dinner the night I arrived; hence the super tanned Iryna and albino Yelena.

I didn't feel too bad not finishing everything on my plate at this resort...a bird's gotta eat, right?

I like to climb things, Iryna likes to chase things. I climb everything (see first picture and picture below) and Iryna chases everything; peacocks, giant lizards, crabs, even fish in the water. There's nothing that girl can't catch. In fact, I'm pretty sure if I let her continue, she would be holding this peacock 2 minutes after I snapped this picture. But then there would probably be blood involved; and no one likes blood on vacation.

Again, I like to climb things. (Photo credit: Iryna Sazonova)

Vanilla and Chocolate.

Magical full moon two nights before we left. (Photo credit: Iryna Sazonova)


Howling at the moon. (Thank you Iryna for catching this moment.)

Rainbow on our last day there. (Photo credit: Iryna Sazonova)

Thanks for reading! Can't wait to share more stories and pictures with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment